Friday 6 April 2012

Colour my world

This weeks theme was colour so not surprisingly it features the girls pretty heavily as they bring colour to our lives every day.

We were also lucky enough this week to have the most amazing sunsets and lots of opportunities to play that saw even more colour than usual.  It made it really hard to choose favourites, especially over the past 2 days so I am cheating and having 10 photo's this week....

My 5 year old is getting more and more into photography and constantly amazes me how she can set up a great shot.  She spends ages looking around for what she wants to photograph and then takes her time setting up a perfect shot.  She spots things I would never think of and they look great.  She is still working on the technique for taking photo's (hey, at 5 it's hard to even hold a heavy camera still!) but once she gets that she is going to be amazing!  She loves hearing what the theme is each week and this one was one of her particular favourites so we had a lot of collaboration this week.  She actually wants her own blog for her photos to be like Mummy so watch this space, and in the mean time it is awesome to have a little helper out and about with me.

Here is our colourful week....

6 April - Hanging out at the Easter show - so much colour and so hard to decide so I actually have 3 photo's for this day (which is a good cull from the 600 I took!!!)

The first is my favourite of the week - I love the joy on their faces as they had just tumbled down the big slide together - one of the 25 rides they went on yesterday!!


Miss B holding the moon in her hands on top of One Tree Hill after the sun went down on the Easter Show...


Beautiful colour with the setting sun coming through the trees...


 5 April - my best discovery of the week, an awesome quiet place (which is close to home) to take photo's of the sunset...  I love how the pink clouds reflect in the water...  I love it so much I have to cheat and have 2 photo's for that too....



4 April, my little pink bunny on her easter egg hunt at daycare...


3 April - Colour, colour, colour.  This was a dual effort between me and Miss B, with me behind the camera and her art directing...


2 April - A colourful flower...


1 April - my beautiful girl...


31 March - fluffy bottom goose...

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! My fav is your second post for April 5 - but they are all awesome. Can't wait to see the blog of your 5-year-old.

    ReplyDelete