Friday 9 March 2012

Kiwiana

Week 10 and I think I am starting to get the hang of this a bit...

The theme this week was Kiwiana and I had great fun looking for things that are Kiwi.  I would like to say that I wasn't to cliche with it but I think I hit all the major cliches!

The best thing I have found about taking up this challenge is that it forces me to go out and look for new things to take photo's off which in turn gets us out of our normal routine and out of the house.  This week we have gone trekking through the bush, to the beach, out in Grandma's garden and even baking in the quest for the photo of the day!

I have also found that the girls patience is increasingly tiring with the incessant click of my camera - cumulating in my eldest refusing to allow another photo to be taken until I paid her!!  On the plus side, I have found that paid models complain a lot less...  ;-)

9 March - Buzzy Bee sampling our flowers...


8 March - a little find in Grandma's garden...


7 March - Chocolate Fudge out of the Edmond's Cook Book - it has to be a Kiwi Tradition!


6 March - Jandals (it has to be done!)


5 March - Tomato Sauce with a side of meat


4 March - the sunlight just hit this perfectly through the trees in the bush and I managed to get this photo before the mossies ate us alive!


3 March - Cloudy with a chance of Weather Bombs

4 comments:

  1. Cat, what were your settings for March 8th? Definitely my favourite shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it too. This is the first time anyone has ever asked a question like that - pressure!! It was using the 50mm lens - apperture 2.0, shutter speed 1/200 and the ISO was 100. I actually broke it off the plant and hand held it in front of the green bushes to get the nice background (and then cropped my hand out of it!) There was also a little bit of post editing too to darken the background a bit more - not too much though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - Cat I love your work! I was going to ask the same question - see you've already answered it though. Great pictures this week :) My fav was the ferns - I love the light

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "Kiwi-ness" of your pics this week Cat! You did an awesome job. My favs......hard call this week.......are March 7 and 8.

    ReplyDelete